cebu trip

Friday, January 4, 2008

a rat's tale

I was looking for papa's pajamas in Bulacan when we went home one christmas weekend. Tristan was going to use it for his pajama christmas party in Veterans. The pj has a "don" or "senor" feel to it because of its print and fabric (silk) so tristan thought of getting in character when he wears it... complete with cigars and all... hehe...

after hours of search, we finally found it, but the termites and rats got there sooner. mama remembered throwing the upper garment because termites had eaten it to its unimaginable form... the pajamas have holes in them also, but tristan still wanted to wear them anyway.

Mama begun telling the story (for the _nth time) of how my shirts and dresses had holes and bites in front, and how she would place dora rat killers in the corners of my room and putting naphthalene balls in the drawer to ward off those pesky mice, only to see for herself that i was the culprit. She saw me biting the ribbon of my dress in front of Manang Lucia's graduating class. hehehe. guilty as charged...

I remember it all... I remember hiding at the back of the door in my room and I remember nibbling on my shirts... i especially liked the ribbons because of their smooth texture... and of course who could resist... tissue paper... yes i ate tissue paper... hahaha... i even started eating newspapers, only my mom discovered it too soon so i only got to the 1st page. after i got a good spanking and scolding by mama, i never did venture again into my short-lived unlikely gourmet fetish...

ah... the things you do when your a kid... makes you wonder... if this had a psychological impact on my behavior as an adult... hahaha... probably... but this is just me...

No comments: