cebu trip

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

nokia 3310i



okay so most of my close friends and family know that i've had my cellphone since nauso ang cellphone, which was eons ago... and that my number is the same number i have had since way back... so you can just imagine how vintage it is... since i'm not the techy kind of person, i didn't feel the need to buy a new one. fortunately or unfortunately? it is still working fine textwise.. meaning nakakatext pa nmn ako... and i can still receive messages provided na hindi pa sha malolowbat... because in the event na isang bar nlng... you just pray hard that she is in a good mood. otherwise, kahit gaano kahaba ang text mo, hindi ka sasantuhin nito. mamamatay at mamamatay sha... hay!

another feature of my Nokia 3310 is that it doesn't speak. i don't know why... but it just doesn't alert me when i have a message. it doesn't ring... so forever silent sha... parang it just gave up... cguro tanda na rin ng old age... maybe she was trying to tell me something way before pa... "please release me!" or "can i collect my pension now?" or "tama na! retirable age na ako e." and that is not the worst feature of my Nokia 3310. the worst part is you can't call me. I simply can't receive calls... when i try to, it says something like "your SIM has reached its limit... achuchuchu" hay naku... it could have said something like this nlng para nagets ko na noon pa "your phone is too darn old to still be in your possesion. why don't you buy a new one and give it a rest." it's so funny because when someone calls me, i would cancel the call and text the person calling saying "you can't call me. i'm chronically lowbat. please text your message."

if i'm in a public place and i need to text someone, i text inside my bag. Don't get me wrong... i'm not scared of the pickpockets or holduppers being tempted to steal my precious cellphone... believe me, my phone does not have that effect on people. it's just that i'm actually embarrased to take it out lalo na sa mga conyotic places.. i guess if it has its downside, meron din good point ang phone ko... i repeat "good point" (singular). imagine, i can text openly in divisoria. so eto lng actually ang good side nya.. you don't have to worry that someone might be following you and would grab ur cellphone the first chance they get...

so with all these special features, how can you not love my cellphone!

my friends and family, especially tristan, were actually bugging me that i buy a cellphone. it became his personal vendetta!!! kulang na lng magpicket sha in front of me saying oust 3310, new cellphone for lizette!!!, but i keeping putting it off. sabi ko pede pa nmn. nkakatext pa ako. tpos he would say... sige na. bibilan kita ng "i" 3310i (may internet) hehe. corny. mas corny ung kay roy "N3310".

pro eto na nga nung anniv namin sabi nya un daw gift nya sa akin... so shempre i don't want to disappoint him nmn so we went to GH and got myself a new cellphone. it is a second hand phone that is really like new pa tlga. complete with accessories so okay na rin.. it has a 3m camera so super happy ako dun kc trigger happy ako sa pagkukuha ng pics e. the funny thing though was when the dealer asked for my SIM to try it on the new phone... i took it from my 3310, and i gave the mamang dealer my dusty SIM.. hindi ba nmn gumana... as if my SIM became shocked at a new and complicated environment, dsha nakapagreact. we tried my SIM to tristan's 6600 phone and it worked, and then when the mamang dealer tried it again, okay na sha... well, i can't blame my SIM. it was such a drastic change... from 3310 to the Nseries.

Thank heavens for my husband whose perseverance paid off... i have a new cellphone... tristan says that we are going to frame my old cellphone because it is considered vintage, endangered and priceless (wala nang bumibili nito so hindi mapreshuhan). i'm not sure if this is a compliment. hehe.. eniwei, hindi na kailangang iframe... i am in constant reminder of my old phone kc ginawa ko shang wallpaper (pic above).

2 comments:

mae said...

Hahaha! This I can relate to. Now I'm really bound to think may feelings ang cp's. Mine gave up after just a day of having two phones. I think "namatay sa sama ng loob" na nag-adopt pa ako ng isang cp (na vintage rin naman). ;-p

Anyway, at least, we didn't have to go through "humiliation" like someone else I know. Naholdup kasi sila, ipinapalabas mga cp's. Nung inaabot na nya 3315 nya, sabi ng mamang holdupper, "wag na yan." How dare he?!! hehehe!

jam said...

ang kulit nung SIM mo!! hahahaha drastic change pala ah..

blog mo nxt time ung nahulog ung cell na yan tapos binalik pa talaga haha